A New Road Connecting Abu Dhabi To Dubai Will Open Before This Year Ends
If you’ve got family and friends living in Abu Dhabi and they won’t visit you because of the traffic between the two emirates, here’s some good news for them.
There’s an AED 2.1 billion road opening by the end of next month that will connect Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
This is what you should know about the road…
Other than it will ease congestion on E11 Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway and Shaikh Maktoum Bin Rashid Road.
- It’s 62km with four lanes in either direction
- It can carry up to 8,000 vehicles per hour
- It has six interchanges and six underpasses
- It has a petrol station on either side near the first and second interchange
- It will be lit by 800 lighting columns at 300m intervals
- The road has six lay-bys for vehicles, including police, ambulance and emergency response providers
- The road has fences on both sides to prevent the crossing of herds of animals and guard rails to prevent median crossings.
The road begins at…
The Abu Dhabi-Dubai border near Seih Shuaib, and extends until the Sweihan Interchange on the Abu Dhabi-Sweihan Road.
It will provide access to:
- Yas and Saadiyat Island
- Abu Dhabi International Airport
- Al Falah and Al Samha
Here’s a sneak peek courtesy The National
Image credit: The National