Dubai Police has issued a circular that warmly welcomes people celebrating the FIFA World Cup and presents them with guidelines that ensure the respecting of laws
Among the rules, it is mentioned that you cannot carry nor consume alcohol in public places and must avoid public displays of affection.
Here are the detailed guidelines:
1. For the sake of your privacy, please respect the privacy of others while photographing
2. Please preserve public property
3. Do not possess or drink alcohol in public areas
4. Do not celebrate in places not designated for this purpose in order not to disturb others
5. It is prohibited to use or circulate narcotics
6. Avoid showing affection in public areas
7. Do not leave luggage in public areas
8. Avoid unlicensed massage parlors and suspicious advertisements
9. If you wish to organize recreational activities, please refer to the competent authorities for necessary permits and approvals
10. Show good sportsmanship and stay away from sports fanaticism
11. Remember that you are in a nation of tolerance. As such, you must respect the State’s culture, where contempt for religions, discrimination, and political disputes are prohibited
12. For the sake of your safety, smoke flares are not allowed
13. It is recommended to save the taxi side number of plate number or keep the payment receipt to make is easier to find any missing items.
Dubai welcomes you during the World Cup.. enjoy our city of tolerance and openness, and take part in our thriving international community. We invite you to express your excitement with respect to local laws and community.
To learn more: https://t.co/DWYz6GoRAb pic.twitter.com/WEbxWYLprj
— Dubai Policeشرطة دبي (@DubaiPoliceHQ) November 19, 2022