Yas Island is so close to Dubai; from Dubai Marina or JLT it's about 40 minutes away, and you can do 140km per hour so it's a relatively short trip.
Which is why in six years of attending events there, I've nearly always come up and back on the same day.
Whether it's the upcoming Fifth Harmony concert, a trip to YAS Waterworld, visiting YAS Mall, playing golf on YAS Links golf course or going to Ferrari World, not to mention the annual Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix taking place in November each year at the YAS Marina Circuit, why not make a weekend out of it?
If so, here are five reasons why YAS Viceroy is worth checking into
1. The views from the rooms are fab and for just AED100 you can upgrade to a suite
This will give you an idea what they are like...
2. There is a regional influenced restaurant with a terrace view of the F1 track
Yas Viceroy offers six specialty restaurants with lots of cuisine choices and two concept bars.
Try Atayeb, a fusion of flavours from regions bordering the Mediterranean and Arabian Gulf, Atayeb
takes Moroccan, Tunisian, Lebanese and Syrian old world tastes and gives them a modern flair
producing delicious hot and cold mezze, stews, tajines, couscous dishes, and shisha on terrace.
Try the kanafeh with poached peach and walnut ice cream
3. The subtle Viceroy touches make all the difference
Ok so most hotels are very high tech and fancy these days, but the room lightings, curtain settings are pretty slick here, not to mention all the slick interior design touches like stand alone bath tubs.
If you like this one, you'll also find Viceroy hotels all over the world. The Viceroy Icon Collection properties include epic hotels and resorts in Chicago, Abu Dhabi, Beverly Hills, Riviera Maya, Snowmass, and St. Lucia, with forthcoming openings in Algarve, Buenos Aires, Los Cabos, Panama, and Vietnam. The Viceroy Lifestyle Series hotels and resorts are found in attitude-led destinations including New York and Santa Monica, with a forthcoming opening in Serbia.
4. The Italian restaurant on the ground floor is a real hidden gem
They have unpretentious
classic Italian regional cuisine such as traditional pasta and antipasti or wood-fired oven pizza. Weather permitting, the surroundings on the terrace are particularly nice.
King prawns and seafood sautéed with garlic and chili
5. It's probably one of the best located hotels in the world, never mind the UAE
You couldn't possibly be closer to the action.
When to go? They are running this special offer
The Journey to Wellness package starts from AED1,400 per room per night and includes the following:
- Overnight stay in Deluxe Room
- In-room healthy amenities
- Origins Salad Bar lunch
- Personal training Session at the Marina View Gym
- ESPA Sports Massage
Optional Add Ons include:
- Cycling/Running on the track (available Sundays and Tuesdays) – complimentary
- Angar set menu dinner (available on Saturdays) - AED220 per person including beverages