11 Memes That PERFECTLY Sum Up Expat Life In Saudi Arabia
Living in Saudi Arabia gets a lot of eyebrows raised, especially when you tell someone who has never seen it that you live and work here. However, us as expats are living proof that the Kingdom actually isn’t bad AT ALL.
In fact, we always leave it knowing we’d one day want to return.
And to that note, here are 11 memes that PERFECTLY sum up what it was/is like living in Saudi:
1. We always struggle with the unbearable heat in summertime…
2. … and thrive when it rains or starts to get windy
3. For women, wearing the abaya outdoors is actually a life-savior
Less effort on dressing, and trying to pair outfits together.
(Not to mention the stunning range of designs, we’re spoilt with choice!)
4. It is a food HAVEN
5. You try to avoid going out during prayer times
And schedule things accordingly, cus ain’t nobody trying to get kicked out a shop
6. Worrying about fuel prices are basically nonexistent
It’s gotten a little more expensive now but still less than everywhere else
7. You almost cry at the sound of rent and electricity prices after leaving Saudi Arabia to live elsewhere…
8. You notice that planes that fly to and from Jeddah are usually FILLED with pilgrims
9. You feel grateful for living in a compound due to its many perks and extra added ‘cool factor’
10. You crave Al Baik’s broasted chicken and garlic mayo sauce the second you land in your hometown
There’s really nothing like it..
11. You have a lot of time for yourself
Cue zen music