Make Sure You Keep Note Of These 2023 Traffic Fines In The Kingdom
Saudi has officially listed the different categories of fines for 2023, and you have to keep note of them. The kingdom is known to have heavy traffic, and these fines are essential to regulate and avoid rule-breaking on the roads. Therefore, make sure you keep note of this list of violatons and fines.
Saudi’s fines are separated into different categories according to the offenses
The Kingdom also came out with a new rule last week of 10,000 SAR for driving in the red painted bus-lane.
Category 1: SR 20,000 to SR 60,000
In category 1, the offenders will also get 24 traffic violation points
- SR 20,000 fine for drifting for the first time
- SR 20,000 fine for drifting for the second time
- SR 20,000 fine for drifting for the third time
Category 2: SR 5,000 to SR 10,000
Category 2 includes a list of miscellaneous violations that can have you paying a hefty fine from five to ten thousand riyals.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (24 traffic violation points)
- Crossing/passing a valley during the flood.
- If an animal owner does not keep their domestic animals away from the roads
- Doing road works without notice to authorities
- Camouflaging or altering the chassis number of the vehicle
Category 3: SR 3,000 to SR 6,000
- Running a red light
- Not stopping entirely at a red light
- Racing other vehicles
- Modifying vehicles with emergency lights/police lights
- Overtaking a school bus picking up or dropping off students (4 violation points)
- Damaging or tampering with traffic regulation signs and signals.
- Installing unauthorized devices and equipment vehicles
- Posting logos/posters on vehicles conflicting with public morals.
- Hitting another car while driving in the opposite direction of the road (12 violation points)
Category 4: SR 1,000 to SR 2,000
- Stopping/ parking a vehicle on the railway track (6 violation points)
- Traveling with more passengers than permitted in the vehicle
- Driving in the yellow lane
- Driving without, a tampered, or forged number plates
- Parking and leaving vehicles on the public passage or roadway
- Not showing the Istimara and Iqama upon request
- Overtaking other vehicles at turns, curves, and going uphill
- Fails to export a vehicle due or in the given time.
- Driving a motorcycle without wearing a helmet (2 violation points)
- Crossing outside a zebra-crossing/ pedestrian crossing zone
Category 5: SR 500 to SR 900
- Driving without valid driving license.
- Going over the speed limit by more than 25 km/hour.
- Using an emergency siren with no reason
- Breaking the car tinting law
- High-speed driving in traffic (8 violation points)
- Not using headlights at night or during bad weather.
- Failing to obey the traffic police manual signals (8 violation points)
- Driving without breaks or out-of-order breaks.
- Driving without a headlight in a tunnel.
- Using a cell phone while driving (2 violation points)
- Driving/loading a truck without proper safety measures and carrying an uncovered load without adequately securing the load (4 violation points)
Category 6: SR 300 to SR 500
- Crossing a check post with a speed exceeding 25 km/hour (4 violation points)
- Crossing lanes where it is not permitted (4 violation points)
- Customized illegal change to a vehicle’s body (4 violation points)
- Driving a car that pollutes the environment
- Not obeying the traffic rules, regulations, and instructions while driving (6 violation points)
- Using a vehicle for illegal or unlicensed work
- Placing objects or things on public roads that endangers safety
- Unnecessary or sudden use of brakes
- Obstructing emergency or VIP vehicle movement (firetrucks, ambulances, etc.)
- Driving with an expired license
- Stopping or slowing down in traffic unnecessarily
- Parking or leaving the vehicle on a slope without the handbrake
Category 7: SR 100 to SR 300
- Nose picking while driving a vehicle
- Not equipping trailers according to rules and regulations
- Driving a vehicle without Fahas
- Not keeping the safe and suggested distance between two vehicles
- Powerful headlights (full beams)
- Parking the vehicle in a public area or road without safety measures
- Creating bars inside the car that creates hurdles in the driver’s vision
- Driving without a valid Istimara
- Driving a vehicle without legally transferred ownershi
- Driving without a seatbelt (2 violation points)
- If the vehicle does not have seat safety measures for kids
- Driving a vehicle without a proper horn
- Changing lanes without using an indicator
- Reversing a vehicle on a highway for more than 20 meters
Category 8: SR 100 to SR 150
This category imposes the least amount of money for fines in the Kingdom.
- Throwing any object from a moving vehicle
- Getting on or off a moving vehicle
- Pedestrian’s not following the signals
- Parking or stopping the vehicle where it is not allowed
- Driving the vehicle without valid and specified insurance
- Leaving or parking the vehicle with the engine running