Cyclists, this one is for you! Abu Dhabi is transforming itself to a cycling capital in 10 different ways.
1. The first way the city is transforming itself into a cycling capital is by creating new cycling tracks from Reem Island to the Eastern Mangroves
Abu Dhabi Cycling Club announced that Abu Dhabi is creating new cycling tracks from Reem Island to the Eastern Mangroves.
2. Another new cycling track is being built from Yas Island to Saadiyat
From one island to another! Travel the distance and enjoy the views of the sea while you cycle from Yas Island to Saadiyat Island.
3. Aldar is building cycling communities through its support of the UAE Cycling team
Aldar has supported the UAE sports team since 2021. Its goal is to promote active and healthy lifestyles throughout communities in Abu Dhabi.
4. Team Emirates came 2nd in Tour de France 2022; however they won the races held 2020 and 2021
Congrats Team Emirates! Tour de France is an annual men’s multiple-stage bicycle race. So, Aldar’s sponsorship of Team Emirates aligns with its goal to promote and support active and healthy lifestyles in Abu Dhabi.
5. Grab your bikes and head down to the cycling tracks of Al Wathba
While you cycle around Al Wathba’s tracks you can enjoy the Fossil Dunes, Wetland Reserves, and Salt Lake.
Don’t miss out on one of the best biking experiences in Al Wathba! Located in Abu Dhabi and surrounded by miles of desert and breathtaking views.
#AlWathba #AbuDhabi #Biking #AbuDhabiAirport pic.twitter.com/qYWYCelrmA
— Abu Dhabi Airport (@AUH) July 22, 2022
6. Don’t miss out on the tracks and bike park in Hudayriat
Take it to the X-treme at the BMX park on Hudayriat Island. From beautiful cycling tracks along the Hudayriat bridge overlooking the glistening water to a cycling track and park within the island.
7. Enjoy the sound of the sea while cycling on the Corniche
From the start of the corniche all the way to the Break Water near Marina, you can take your bike and enjoy the sound of the sea!
8. The up and coming cycling capital is launching cycling academies in schools
Aldar presented the UAE Team Emirates Cycling Academy to roll out across Abu Dhabi-based schools. This program aims to build children’s confidence from the ages 6 – 11 and to improve their fitness and bike-handling skills.
9. Great bike shops in Abu Dhabi contribute to the goal of becoming a cycling capital
A safe cyclist NEEDS a great bike. Abu Dhabi is full of great bike shops such as Wolfi’s contribute to the health and safety of each cyclist. Intricate bikes, variety of accessories, and clothing for your cycling adventures, Abu Dhabi’s cycling shops have got you!
10. Electric bikes and E-scooters have made their way to Abu Dhabi
Over the past few years, e-scooters, electric and non-electric bikes have become a HUGE trend. You’d be able to spot all of these on cycling tracks and more in Abu Dhabi!