Gas Cylinder Safety: Abu Dhabi Issues A New Set Of Guidelines To Keep Your Home Safe & Sound
The Abu Dhabi Civil Defence Authority wants to help you keep your home safe and sound.
That’s why they’ve issued these safety guidelines for using gas cylinders:
- Transport a maximum of two cylinders at a time.
- Don’t place cylinders horizontally.
- Place cylinders in a covered, well-ventilated, and dry area away from direct sunlight.
- Keep cylinders away from any sources of flame or heat.
- Turn off the appliance and make sure there are no open flames or sources of fire before connecting or disconnecting the cylinder.
- Make sure the gas regulator is properly installed.
- Check the regulator and hose to ensure that they are in good condition and properly extended from the cylinder.
- Install sensors near the gas cylinder and cooking appliance at a distance of 30cm from the ground.
Learn more about the safety steps for using gas cylinders in the villas, which contribute to preserving the safety of lives and properties in Abu Dhabi.#YourSafetyIsOurPriority
— abudhabidoe (@AbuDhabiDoE) October 24, 2023
Bonus tip: Consider using an electric cooker instead. They’re safer and more convenient, and they won’t leave your kitchen smelling like gas.
Now, we know what you’re thinking: “These rules are boring and restrictive. I just want to cook my food in peace!”
But trust me, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Gas cylinders are dangerous if not handled properly. Just one small mistake could lead to a fire or explosion.
So next time you’re in the kitchen, take a minute to follow these simple safety guidelines. It’s worth it to keep your family and home safe.
And remember, if you have any doubts or questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Abu Dhabi Civil Defence Authority. They’re there to help you.
P.S. If you do choose to use a gas cooker, make sure to invest in a good quality fire extinguisher. Just in case.