Louvre Abu Dhabi Achieves Landmark Milestone With Over Five Million Visitors


Louvre Abu Dhabi, a beacon of cultural excellence in the UAE, has reached an extraordinary milestone, welcoming over 1.2 million visitors in 2023 alone.

Now, as of March 19, 2024, the museum has surpassed the five-million mark in total visitors since its grand opening, reaffirming its status as a global cultural icon of unparalleled significance.

A confluence of factors has contributed to this remarkable achievement. The museum’s renowned exhibitions, which augment its impressive permanent collection, have captivated audiences worldwide. Additionally, increased interest in the Children’s Museum and robust engagement with Louvre Abu Dhabi’s educational programs have drawn in a diverse array of visitors seeking enriching cultural experiences.

Outdoor activities and activations held on the museum grounds have also played a pivotal role, accounting for 10 percent of the total visitor count and adding to the allure of Louvre Abu Dhabi as a cultural destination.

International visitors constitute the majority, comprising 72 percent of footfall, with significant numbers hailing from key growth markets such as Russia, India, France, the USA, China, Germany, Italy, Kazakhstan, and the UK. The remaining 28 percent of visitors are residents of the UAE, underscoring the museum’s appeal to both local and global audiences.

In addition to its broad public appeal, Louvre Abu Dhabi has attracted visits from over 500 officials and dignitaries, including Heads of State, ministers, ambassadors, internationally acclaimed artists, and celebrities of global renown.

As Louvre Abu Dhabi continues to inspire and enlighten visitors from around the world, its significance as a cultural landmark of unparalleled distinction only continues to grow, promising a future filled with boundless cultural enrichment and discovery.


See more

More like this