All The Info You Need About The Government’s Power Cuts
All You Need To Know About The Government’s Power Outage Initiative
Two weeks ago, Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly announced that Egypt would be initiating a Power Reduction Initiative due to the excessive electricity consumption which was caused by the heatwave.
The government explained that the power cuts initiative was initiated due to the lack of enough natural gas available to feed the cutting-edge power stations built over the past decade.
Therefore, they have announced plans to rationalize electricity consumption which include:
1- Civil workers will work on Sundays from home starting in August, disregarding workers who offer direct service to the citizens.
2- The government will provide an extensive schedule of power cuts in each neighborhood.
3- The government also coordinated with the Ministry of Sport to schedule all matches to be before sunset to avoid unnecessary consumption of electricity.
4- Prime Minister Madbouly also added that the power cuts will only be from an hour to two hours a day.
5- He also announced that the government will cease to export gas throughout the summer due to the increased volume in consumption, given that the government continues to export the surplus after the summer ends.
These Are the Government Agencies and Ministries that will work from home starting Sunday:
Sources have confirmed to the Egypt Independent that the decision to work from home will probably be applied to Ministries and Governmental Agencies that do not offer direct service to citizens.
Therefore, Here are the Agencies and Ministries that will work from home on Sunday:
- 1- Labor Directorates.
- 2- Directorates of The Central Agency for Organization and Administration.
- 3- Headquarters of the Ministry of Local Development.
- 4- Headquarters of the Ministry of Planning and its affiliated bodies.
- 5- Ministry of Administrative Development.
- 6- Ministry of Labor.
- 7- The Central Auditing Organization.
- 8- The Central Agency for Organization and Administration.
- 9- The Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics.
- 10- Different sectors of the Petroleum Ministry.
- 11- Headquarters of the Ministry of Agriculture.
- 12- Headquarters of the Ministry of Communications.
- 13- Ministry of Youth and Sports.
- 14- Directorates of youth and sports in the governorates.
- 15- Ministry of Investment.
- 16- Ministry of Culture.
- 17- Ministry of Industry and Foreign Trade.
- 18- Ministry of Social Solidarity.
Cairo Governor Also Announced Power Outage Updates:
The Cairo governor just announced that the government will initiate a 75% street light and screen billboard reduction initiative to follow up on the government power reduction initiative and to rationalize electricity consumption.
However, this won’t affect the public safety of citizens as display advertisements on bridges, buildings, and main roads will be turned off at 9 pm.