You know what the wise say, right? Count your blessings, not your problems.
Often, we look at the glass half empty with delivery apps: complaining about the order, the delivery time, the quality of the food, compensation arrangements, customer support, the app interface and so on. Although complaints are voiced in a matter of seconds, seldom do customers take the time to express their appreciation or gratitude.
It’s the end of an era with Zomato UAE concluding its food delivery services for good. Post the bitter news, Sarah Rizvi, a Dubai resident, shared a sweet message bidding Zomato’s food delivery service farewell.
“Today is 24th Nov, which means it’s your last day to deliver food to us! We have had a love hate relationship but here’s why I’m going to miss you and your delivery app:”
“- all the times I got home tired from work and didn’t want to step into the kitchen – you came to my rescue
– all the times we were home, watching tv and suddenly craved something – you came to our rescue
– all the times we had parties/ get-togethers and ran short on food – you came to our rescue
– all the times we needed a birthday cake to be delivered at a hotel, restaurant or party – you came to our rescue
all the times we had to surprise friends with thank you and congratulations cupcakes – you came to our rescue
– all the times a friend needed some cheering up with her/his favorite food – you came to the rescue
– all the times at work when we wanted to celebrate someone or something – you came to the rescue
– all the times it rained and we craved chai and pakoray – you came to the rescue
it’s been real
From a regular (read: daily) customer of yours!”
Love is pouring in for Zomato as customers get in their goodbyes!
Vivek tweeted: “that one app I keep notifications ON deliberately, big fan of those creative ones, hope we continue to get that here, thank you for the delivery services, kudos to the team👍”
tweets like these🥺🤌
thank you Vivek!❤️ https://t.co/JEkrbXJB7v
— zomatouae (@ZomatoUAE) November 23, 2022
With Zomato’s app still operating as normal, a user tweeted: “Zomato for menus, talabat for lunch orders. Got it.”
— zomatouae (@ZomatoUAE) November 15, 2022